From: Parag Mehta <pm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] INSTALL
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 04:35:42
1 Hi Shawn!
2
3 * Shawn Pringle BSc assembled some ascibets to say:
4 Shawn >
5 Shawn >I noticed a few errors installing gentoo. The current build instructions do
6 Shawn >not allow for machines configured for DHCP. So, I am going to ignore those
7 Shawn >new instructions and refer to the build instructions on the CD-ROM: T
8 Shawn > # mount --bind /usr/portage /mnt/gentoo/usr/portage
9 Shawn > # mount --bind /mnt/cdrom/gentoo/packages /mnt/gentoo/usr/portage/packages
10 Shawn > # mount --bind /proc /mnt/gentoo/proc
11 Shawn > (This gives you access to /proc and the packages even after the chroot)
12 Shawn > diff
13 Shawn >+ # mkdir -p tmp var/qmail/control lib proc sbin bin
14
15 you don't need /proc to be created for /mnt/gentoo as it is already binded before chroot
16
17 Best Regards,
18
19 pm