From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Review: Apache AddHandler news item
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 12:56:39
1 Hello Duncan,
4 On 06.04.2015 06:53, Duncan wrote:
5 > Sebastian Pipping posted on Mon, 06 Apr 2015 01:29:19 +0200 as excerpted:
6 >
7 >> Published a slightly improved version now:
8 >>
9 >> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/gentoo-news.git/tree/2015/2015-04-06-
10 > apache-addhandler-addtype
11 >>
12 >> If there's anything wrong with it, please mail me directly (or put me in
13 >> CC) so there is zero chance of slipping through. Thanks!
14 >
15 > [also mailing sping@g.o as requested]
16
17 thanks!
20 > $ echo "Apache AddHandler/AddType vulnerability protection" | wc -c
21 > 51
22 >
23 > GLEP 42 says max title length 44 chars. 51-44=7 chars too long.
24
25 Actually, echo prints a newline that is also counted. So it's 50 and 6
26 characters too much but you still have a point :)
29 > Off the top of my head, maybe just s/vulnerability/vuln/ ? That'd cut 9
30 > chars for 42, leaving two to spare. Anyone with a better idea?
31
32 I made it say "exploit" now:
33
34 # echo -n 'Apache AddHandler/AddType exploit protection' | wc -c
35 44
36
37 I hope that's "correct enough" in terms of security language.
38 The fix protections against exploits of the related vulnerability.
41 > That's the big one. Here's a couple more minor English usage change
42 > suggestions as well. (Changes denoted in caps here, obviously lowercase
43 > them):
44 >
45 > Line 25, add also:
46 >
47 > may be helpful. Unfortunately, it can ALSO be a security threat.
48
49 Fixed.
52 > Line 74 s/at/in/:
53 >
54 > You may be using AddHandler or AddType IN other places,
55
56 Fixed.
59 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/gentoo-news.git/commit/?id=a63ce98a6297bf371488c26c034dc22f6d8877b9
62 Thanks for the review.