From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are you guys for real?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:17:01
1 On 6/14/07, Jayson Vaughn <thedonvaughn@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > etc I'll be back. Love the distro, but Jesus the politics and the bitching
4 > gets out.
7 >From one non-dev to another:
8
9 You'll be back.
10
11 Once somebody has learnt the truth, most find they can only deny it
12 for so long. :)
13
14 I agree a lot of the discussions turn into bitchfests, and it seems
15 many of our developers are going out of their way as of late to stir
16 the pot, but its well known that a small minority of whiners gives the
17 majority a bad name( not to go into politics, but take a look at
18 muslims & christians in modern media, its always the extremists who
19 are out there making the rest of them look bad by carrying their name
20 )
21
22 Also, I guess if you went into the chambers of your local government
23 it would often escillate into flamewars, at least thats what I've
24 gathered from the media..( .. unless thats only a small minority of
25 politicians making the rest look bad.....)
26
27 But as a whole, at least in my opinion, you wont find a so well
28 structured community comprised with such a high percentage of people
29 who know what they're talking about. ( I find $OTHEROS rooms
30 frustrating as they're all full of the noobs asking questions with
31 nobody who knows the answer.. its like a damn MSDN blog reply
32 list....'liek..zomg!..vista is so cool' )
36 Kent
37 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
38 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list