From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: vapier@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: go-live.eclass for handling go live ebuilds
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:33:07
1 On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:53:28AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On 08 Jun 2015 14:38, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > # Copyright 2015 Gentoo Foundation
4 >
5 > normally we use the header from skel.ebuild everywhere
6
7 Ok, I can fix that.
10 > > # We depend on dev-vcs/git since it is the most used vcs for Go
11 > > # packages. However we will not depend on all vcs's Go supports at the
12 > > # eclass level. If your package, or one of its dependencies, uses
13 > > # another vcs, please depend on it directly.
14 > >
15 > > DEPEND=">=dev-lang/go-1.4.2
16 > > dev-vcs/git"
17 >
18 > that really isn't what i was suggesting nor does it seem to be justified ?
19
20 Please clarify -- what are you suggesting then?
21
22 The options as I see them are to either:
23
24 1. try to pick the most common vcs and depend on it.
25 2. depend on all vcs's go supports (git, mercurial, svn and bzr).
26 3. depend on no vcs's and leave it up to ebuild authors to pull them in
27 if they choose, although they would have the same issue -- not knowing
28 for sure which type of hosting their packages or any of their packages'
29 dependencies use.
30
31 Thanks,
32