From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: vapier@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: go-live.eclass for handling go live ebuilds
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:27:54
1 On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:32:54PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:53:28AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On 08 Jun 2015 14:38, William Hubbs wrote:
4 > > > # We depend on dev-vcs/git since it is the most used vcs for Go
5 > > > # packages. However we will not depend on all vcs's Go supports at the
6 > > > # eclass level. If your package, or one of its dependencies, uses
7 > > > # another vcs, please depend on it directly.
8 > > >
9 > > > DEPEND=">=dev-lang/go-1.4.2
10 > > > dev-vcs/git"
11 > >
12 > > that really isn't what i was suggesting nor does it seem to be justified ?
13 >
14 > Please clarify -- what are you suggesting then?
15 >
16 > The options as I see them are to either:
17 >
18 > 1. try to pick the most common vcs and depend on it.
19 > 2. depend on all vcs's go supports (git, mercurial, svn and bzr).
20 > 3. depend on no vcs's and leave it up to ebuild authors to pull them in
21 > if they choose, although they would have the same issue -- not knowing
22 > for sure which type of hosting their packages or any of their packages'
23 > dependencies use.
24
25 I chose option 3, which is where I was to begin with, since we can't
26 know for sure which vcs's are needed.
27
28 Also, I looked more into "go get" and "go get -d" does not error out if
29 you specify a package correctly, so I have changed the code to die and
30 added documentation about this and the upstream issue where it is being
31 discussed.
32
33 The other change is to point out in the documentation that EGO_PN can
34 list more than one go package.
35
36 William

golang-vcs.eclass text/plain