From: Peter Weller <welp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bye Gentoo!
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 05:02:46
1 On Thu, 31 May 2007 03:35:20 +0200
2 "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > It's with a bit of sadness but also a bit of relief that I'm finally
5 > retiring from
6 > Gentoo.
7 >
8 > I've been a Gentoo developer for nearly 4 years now and I like to at
9 > least pretend that I've made some important contributions to Gentoo
10 > during that time. I've had a lot of fun but my frustrations have
11 > grown these past several months and I've been entertaining the idea
12 > about retiring from Gentoo for probably 6 months now. The past couple
13 > months the desire to leave Gentoo have become much stronger and I
14 > think it's finally time for me and Gentoo to go our separate ways.
15 >
16 > I think I've put my "fingerprint" on Gentoo in quite a few important
17 > ways but lately I've come to the realization that I probably can't do
18 > any more for Gentoo. No matter how hard I try fighting for what I
19 > feel is right we seem to end up with petty fights, flamewars or what
20 > I consider even worse - people simply ignore what I'm working hard
21 > towards.
22 >
23 > So I think it's high time that I leave the project and start looking
24 > for another project where I can contribute something important and
25 > not just try to keep afloat in a project that I seem to be at odds
26 > with to an ever increasing degree.
27 >
28 > I'll try to reach all the projects I'm leaving over the next few days
29 > and see if I can pass on my work in a reasonable manner. I probably
30 > won't be around much on irc but if you really need to contact me you
31 > can do so at bryan.ostergaard@×××××.com.
32 >
33 > Good luck to all of you and may Gentoo development be as much fun for
34 > you as it used to be for me.
35 >
36 > Best regards,
37 > Bryan Østergaard
38
39 Sad to see you go... 'tis gonna be strange without you around...
40 Best of luck with whatever you go to do next.
41
42 welp