From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: devrel@g.o, council@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bye Gentoo!
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 01:38:12
1 It's with a bit of sadness but also a bit of relief that I'm finally
2 retiring from
3 Gentoo.
4
5 I've been a Gentoo developer for nearly 4 years now and I like to at least
6 pretend that I've made some important contributions to Gentoo during that
7 time. I've had a lot of fun but my frustrations have grown these past several
8 months and I've been entertaining the idea about retiring from Gentoo for
9 probably 6 months now. The past couple months the desire to leave Gentoo have
10 become much stronger and I think it's finally time for me and Gentoo to go our
11 separate ways.
12
13 I think I've put my "fingerprint" on Gentoo in quite a few important ways but
14 lately I've come to the realization that I probably can't do any more for
15 Gentoo. No matter how hard I try fighting for what I feel is right we seem to
16 end up with petty fights, flamewars or what I consider even worse - people
17 simply ignore what I'm working hard towards.
18
19 So I think it's high time that I leave the project and start looking for
20 another project where I can contribute something important and not just try to
21 keep afloat in a project that I seem to be at odds with to an ever
22 increasing degree.
23
24 I'll try to reach all the projects I'm leaving over the next few days and see
25 if I can pass on my work in a reasonable manner. I probably won't be around
26 much on irc but if you really need to contact me you can do so at
27 bryan.ostergaard@×××××.com.
28
29 Good luck to all of you and may Gentoo development be as much fun for you as
30 it used to be for me.
31
32 Best regards,
33 Bryan Østergaard