From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: devrel@g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bye Gentoo!
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 07:08:09
1 On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 03:35 +0200, Bryan Østergaard wrote:
2 > It's with a bit of sadness but also a bit of relief that I'm finally
3 > retiring from
4 > Gentoo.
5 >
6 > I've been a Gentoo developer for nearly 4 years now and I like to at least
7 > pretend that I've made some important contributions to Gentoo during that
8 > time. I've had a lot of fun but my frustrations have grown these past several
9 > months and I've been entertaining the idea about retiring from Gentoo for
10 > probably 6 months now. The past couple months the desire to leave Gentoo have
11 > become much stronger and I think it's finally time for me and Gentoo to go our
12 > separate ways.
13 >
14 > I think I've put my "fingerprint" on Gentoo in quite a few important ways but
15 > lately I've come to the realization that I probably can't do any more for
16 > Gentoo. No matter how hard I try fighting for what I feel is right we seem to
17 > end up with petty fights, flamewars or what I consider even worse - people
18 > simply ignore what I'm working hard towards.
19 >
20 > So I think it's high time that I leave the project and start looking for
21 > another project where I can contribute something important and not just try to
22 > keep afloat in a project that I seem to be at odds with to an ever
23 > increasing degree.
24 >
25 > I'll try to reach all the projects I'm leaving over the next few days and see
26 > if I can pass on my work in a reasonable manner. I probably won't be around
27 > much on irc but if you really need to contact me you can do so at
28 > bryan.ostergaard@×××××.com.
29 >
30 > Good luck to all of you and may Gentoo development be as much fun for you as
31 > it used to be for me.
32 >
33 > Best regards,
34 > Bryan Østergaard
37 I'm going to punch you in the ribs really hard if I ever meet you. I
38 count on a few people in this project and you are one of them. I'm
39 really disappointed you are rolling out on us without no for warning. I
40 can understand your frustration and all but I expected and assumed you
41 had big balls.. None the less. I wish you the best in your future
42 endeavors.
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list