From: Luis Francisco Araujo <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bye Gentoo!
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 01:52:42
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Bryan Østergaard wrote:
5 > It's with a bit of sadness but also a bit of relief that I'm finally
6 > retiring from
7 > Gentoo.
8 >
9 > I've been a Gentoo developer for nearly 4 years now and I like to at least
10 > pretend that I've made some important contributions to Gentoo during that
11 > time. I've had a lot of fun but my frustrations have grown these past
12 > several
13 > months and I've been entertaining the idea about retiring from Gentoo for
14 > probably 6 months now. The past couple months the desire to leave Gentoo
15 > have
16 > become much stronger and I think it's finally time for me and Gentoo to
17 > go our
18 > separate ways.
19 >
20 > I think I've put my "fingerprint" on Gentoo in quite a few important
21 > ways but
22 > lately I've come to the realization that I probably can't do any more for
23 > Gentoo. No matter how hard I try fighting for what I feel is right we
24 > seem to
25 > end up with petty fights, flamewars or what I consider even worse - people
26 > simply ignore what I'm working hard towards.
27 >
28 > So I think it's high time that I leave the project and start looking for
29 > another project where I can contribute something important and not just
30 > try to
31 > keep afloat in a project that I seem to be at odds with to an ever
32 > increasing degree.
33 >
34 > I'll try to reach all the projects I'm leaving over the next few days
35 > and see
36 > if I can pass on my work in a reasonable manner. I probably won't be around
37 > much on irc but if you really need to contact me you can do so at
38 > bryan.ostergaard@×××××.com.
39 >
40 > Good luck to all of you and may Gentoo development be as much fun for
41 > you as
42 > it used to be for me.
43 >
44 > Best regards,
45 > Bryan Østergaard
46
47 Sad to see you go Bryan,
48
49 You were one of the first Gentoo developers i met, and you were really a
50 great help to get me started in this community; i bet many people owe
51 you the same ....
52
53 Thanks and i wish you luck in your future projects,
54
55 P.S: Wouldn't you just like to take the Gentoo-one-month-off vacation to
56 relax a bit?
57
58 - --
59