From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Instalation from FAT partition. Possible?
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:20:49
1 When you use gentoo you must do many things by hand.
2
3 Try to make another directory first:
4 mkdir /tmp/win
5 then mount it:
6 mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /tmp/win
7 then extract tarball to /mnt/gentoo (which is mountet to your destination):
8 tar xvfj <snapshot> -C /mnt/gentoo
9 now do the next steps in manual...
10
11 have a lot of fun,
12
13 Sebastian
16 Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2001 07:10 schrieben Sie:
17 > Hi,
18 > I wanted to try out the Gentoo distribution and the most convenient method
19 > for me would be storing system snapshot on FAT partition and installing it
20 > from there. The instructions talk only about installing from CD-ROM or
21 > Linux. I have tried to mount the partition in question using:
22 > 'mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/cdrom'
23 > but it did not work. Do you have any sugestions on how to install from
24 > FAT?
25 > I am not a complete newbie when it comes to installing Linux (I have tried
26 > a few distributions in the past) but my expertise level is relatively low
27 > so take it into account when giving advice :-)
28 >
29 > waldekO
30 > osuchw@××××××.ca -> Waldemar Osuch
34 > gentoo-dev mailing list