From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devfs is dead, let's move on
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:27:02
1 Greg KH wrote:
2 > Ok, 064-r1 version of udev does this for tty and console devices. The
3 > old devfs names are now gone. Because of this, and some other config
4 > file tweaks, starting udev now only takes .5 seconds on my old, slow
5 > laptop, instead of 5 seconds. Hopefully others will also see such an
6 > increase.
7 >
8 > Now to implement the persistent block device names that we showed
9 > everyone at OLS...
10
11 Does this happen to also fix the bus error on sparc mentioned in Bug #99290? I
12 see in the Changelog a reference to a sparc fix, but the bug hasn't been updated
13 regarding the status.
16 --Kumba
19 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
20 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
21
22 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
23 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list