From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devfs is dead, let's move on
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:34:37
1 On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 07:23:32PM -0400, Kumba wrote:
2 > Greg KH wrote:
3 > >Ok, 064-r1 version of udev does this for tty and console devices. The
4 > >old devfs names are now gone. Because of this, and some other config
5 > >file tweaks, starting udev now only takes .5 seconds on my old, slow
6 > >laptop, instead of 5 seconds. Hopefully others will also see such an
7 > >increase.
8 > >
9 > >Now to implement the persistent block device names that we showed
10 > >everyone at OLS...
11 >
12 > Does this happen to also fix the bus error on sparc mentioned in Bug
13 > #99290? I see in the Changelog a reference to a sparc fix, but the bug
14 > hasn't been updated regarding the status.
15
16 Oops, yes, the 064 release fixed that. Sorry for not updateing the
17 bugzilla entry. That is now taken care of.
18
19 thanks,
20
21 greg k-h