From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] creating ebuilds
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:03:13
1 > That description is based around the idea of "splitting" the tree (via the
2 > means of KEYWORDS for example, but lots have changed since, we might want
3 > another way now) into "official" (with its further stable/testing) and
4 > "user" areas (considered less stable by portage. This makes these
5 > submissions automatically visible and easy to install for those who care,
6 > but retains them invisible (and perhaps even unfetchable) for those who
7 > dont).
8
9 I think that such an idea would be workable if we do implement at least a
10 sanity check. Someone to look over the ebuild and the packages it downloads
11 to check whether there are no trojans etc. in it.
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Gentoo Developer