From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] December Council Meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 05:47:34
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 > from an infra POV vs a council POV I would say here is what we can do
4 > right away to solve this. Arch testers will get added to an alias that
5 > fordwards to the users normal email address. The aliases will be
6 > maintained by the arch testing leads. The arch testers will have access
7 > via the anoncvs repo when that is setup. If the arch testing lead fails
8 > to keep his/her aliases up2date (excessive bounces, stale AT's etc..)
9 > than they lose g+w rights to maintain the alias.
10
11 Actually, if this gets to the point where those leads have 100+ ATs to
12 watch out for, I'd rather put the load of 'renewing' their alias on the
13 AT themselves. The basic idea is, make them 'renew' their alias every 6
14 months via some php app (or whatever we come up with). A reminder could
15 be sent out a month in advance. If they fail to update their renewal,
16 their alias will expire and the lead will get a notification of that
17 expiration. To me, if the ATs want to stick around, they should put
18 forth the effort of keeping their info up to date.
19
20 I know that devrel is having a hard enough time keeping up with
21 developer staleness, and to me this is the 'simplest' solution to that
22 problem. If they can't keep up with doing a simple renewal every 6 mo,
23 then they don't have enough time to be an AT in my mind.
26 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
27 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
28
29 ---
30 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
31 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
32
33 ramereth/irc.freenode.net