From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] December Council Meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 05:11:06
1 On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 22:43 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 10 December 2005 18:13, Lance Albertson wrote:
3 > > I think we'll be able to work out the anonymous CVS access soon, however
4 > > it will not be implemented as stated in the GLEP.
5 >
6 > exact spec in the GLEP was more of an idea ... anon cvs is available -> OK
7 >
8 > > On the other point, infra has serious issues trying to manage a
9 > > subdomain for email addresses. This part of the GLEP we cannot
10 > > implement and we ask the GLEP authors to come up with a better solution.
11 > > Either we give them an alias that recruiters can manage, or we don't do
12 > > anything. The logistical headache of managing moving people around is
13 > > too much of a hassle for us to deal with.
14 >
15 > i would still vote for the subdomain e-mail addresses
16
17 from an infra POV vs a council POV I would say here is what we can do
18 right away to solve this. Arch testers will get added to an alias that
19 fordwards to the users normal email address. The aliases will be
20 maintained by the arch testing leads. The arch testers will have access
21 via the anoncvs repo when that is setup. If the arch testing lead fails
22 to keep his/her aliases up2date (excessive bounces, stale AT's etc..)
23 than they lose g+w rights to maintain the alias.
26 > > Of course, all of these points would have made it into the GLEP *if* it
27 > > had been posted with plenty of time for people to comment on it instead
28 > > of one day.
29 >
30 > harping on this old point solves nothing. we've already established quite
31 > clearly that this will not happen again in the future.
32 > -mike
33 --
34 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
35 Gentoo Linux