From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] December Council Meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:48:14
1 On Saturday 10 December 2005 18:13, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > I think we'll be able to work out the anonymous CVS access soon, however
3 > it will not be implemented as stated in the GLEP.
4
5 exact spec in the GLEP was more of an idea ... anon cvs is available -> OK
6
7 > On the other point, infra has serious issues trying to manage a
8 > subdomain for email addresses. This part of the GLEP we cannot
9 > implement and we ask the GLEP authors to come up with a better solution.
10 > Either we give them an alias that recruiters can manage, or we don't do
11 > anything. The logistical headache of managing moving people around is
12 > too much of a hassle for us to deal with.
13
14 i would still vote for the subdomain e-mail addresses
15
16 > Of course, all of these points would have made it into the GLEP *if* it
17 > had been posted with plenty of time for people to comment on it instead
18 > of one day.
19
20 harping on this old point solves nothing. we've already established quite
21 clearly that this will not happen again in the future.
22 -mike
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list