From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: desktop@××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [desktop] Practical suggestion on moving kde/gnome packages
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:00:32
1 Additional explanation: above method is the only one that answers to the
2 requirment that the script must run automatically after emerge rsync on every
3 user's computer, because we have no way of telling the user to run it
4 himself. (That's why we wanted a job system in the first place.)
5
6 The other solution would be to make emerge execute the script when run. This
7 has the benefits of a centralized approach, but the users need to be told to
8 remerge sys-apps/portage, somehow, which is an egg-and-chicken problem.
9
10 Hope we can solve this soon,
17 Dan Armak
18 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team