From: Bernard Cafarelli <voyageur@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.use.mask / package.use.stable.mask priority
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 23:11:55
1 Le Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:09:07 -0800
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> a écrit:
3
4 > On 01/10/2017 01:56 PM, Bernard Cafarelli wrote:
5 > > Hi folks,
6 > >
7 > > gnustep-base/gnustep-make has a USE flag (libobjc2) masked globally in
8 > > base/package.use.mask, and unmasked on specific arches in
9 > > arch/{amd64,x86}/package.use.mask
10 > >
11 > > To get a stabilization (#579232) bug finally moving on, I wanted to
12 > > leave this flag out, adding a corresponding line in
13 > > base/package.use.stable.mask
14 > >
15 > > But repoman replied with a batch of dependency.bad errors...
16 > > Does package.use.mask (stable and ~arch) have a higher priority on
17 > > package.use.stable.mask (stable only)? Bug or intended behavior?
18 > >
19 > > In the meantime, I will probably work around this by duplicating the
20 > > package.use.stable.mask entry in arches files
23 > If I understand you correctly, then it's the intended behavior. If the
24 > flag is masked in both package.use.mask and package.use.stable.mask,
25 > then the package.use.stable.mask setting is irrelevant because both
26 > package.use.mask and package.use.stable.mask are considered when
27 > calculating use.mask settings for any given package.
28
29 Thanks for the confirmation! I fixed it at arch level:
30 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=ef57bcf1f6505b79d0cf696ba8f196df1d6f9c9c
34 Bernard Cafarelli (Voyageur)
35 Gentoo developer