From: Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] subversion.eclass
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:11:19
1 Doug Klima schrieb:
2 >> 2) ESVN_OFFLINE which disables svn up.
3 >
4 > Isn't this a bit of a hack? The point is for it to run svn up. Now
5 > I've added support in a local refactor that I had started today that
6 > if the working copy's revision matches the requested revision, that no
7 > svn up is performed. Obviously the situation when you have a "live"
8 > SVN ebuild would still result in an svn up, but then again "live" SVN
9 > ebuilds are frowned upon and if the person is trying to emerge a
10 > "live" SVN ebuild I would expect them to always get the latest version.
11 What, if
12 - the server containing the repository doesn't respond?
13 - there is currently no connection to update but you need to remerge
14 because of new useflags added (or similar)?
15 In both cases with a normal merge it will die when trying to do svn up.
16 Of course with 1) you could hack around
17 that and specify the last revision in the repository, which btw. did a
18 svn up, too, but this was changed today.
19
20 Regards,
21 Bernd
22 --