From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] subversion.eclass
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:28:22
1 Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
2 > Doug Klima schrieb:
3 >>> 2) ESVN_OFFLINE which disables svn up.
4 >> Isn't this a bit of a hack? The point is for it to run svn up. Now
5 >> I've added support in a local refactor that I had started today that
6 >> if the working copy's revision matches the requested revision, that no
7 >> svn up is performed. Obviously the situation when you have a "live"
8 >> SVN ebuild would still result in an svn up, but then again "live" SVN
9 >> ebuilds are frowned upon and if the person is trying to emerge a
10 >> "live" SVN ebuild I would expect them to always get the latest version.
11 > What, if
12 > - the server containing the repository doesn't respond?
13 > - there is currently no connection to update but you need to remerge
14 > because of new useflags added (or similar)?
15 > In both cases with a normal merge it will die when trying to do svn up.
16 > Of course with 1) you could hack around
17 > that and specify the last revision in the repository, which btw. did a
18 > svn up, too, but this was changed today.
19 >
20 > Regards,
21 > Bernd
22
23 I actually re-evaluated this after I sent that e-mail and changed it to
24 behave like cvs.eclass. Basically if you set ESVN_REPO_URI=offline, then
25 it'll assume you've got the revision you already want.
28 Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
29 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list