From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Merge 7 Fedora wallpapers packages to single one with slots?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:33:00
1 On 01/27/2018 11:09 AM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Hi!
5 > I noticed that we have 7 packages on Fedora wallpapers with names that
6 > only explain themselves to Fedora insiders:
7 >
8 > ...
9 >
10 > I was thinking that we could merge these packages into a new package
11 > "x11-themes/fedora-backgrounds" or so with slots 11 to 16 so that people
12 > can still install them in parallel, get slot updates automatically,
13 > adding more recent ones does not add more packages, and the package name
14 > explains itself.
15
16 If you do merge them, then it might be better to use flags for the
17 different sub-packages rather than slots. There's no place to describe
18 what a slot is for, but having a local USE=solar with a corresponding
19 description in metadata.xml is (relatively) discoverable.