From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Merge 7 Fedora wallpapers packages to single one with slots?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:06:47
1 Hi,
4 On 27.01.2018 17:32, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
5 > If you do merge them, then it might be better to use flags for the
6 > different sub-packages rather than slots. There's no place to describe
7 > what a slot is for, but having a local USE=solar with a corresponding
8 > description in metadata.xml is (relatively) discoverable.
9
10 use flags work well if we make a single ebuild offering to install one
11 to all of these. That would be natural if the goddard/13 source rpm
12 included files of constantine/12 and solar/11 as well and so on but it
13 doesn't seem to. I would rather go with one ebuild per mayor release
14 number of Fedora: Needs less use flag configuration as well.
15
16 About slot names, if "12" is not good enough we could use
17
18 11-solar
19 12-constantine
20 13-goddard
21 14-laughlin
22 15-lovelock
23 16-verne
24
25 or so for SLOT to have a mapping to names?
26
27 Best
31 Sebastian