From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: GWN (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2007/08)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:09:12
1 * William L. Thomson Jr. <wltjr@g.o> [07/07/14 13:29 -0400]:
2 > Anyone notice no more GWNs?
3
4 Well, I noticed it. And I read the news from June 14 on
5 http://www.gentoo.org/
6
7 Unfortunately, all our GWN-Editors stop working on it after
8 some months. It's a really time-consuming job. Think about
9 four to five hours just for collecting all articles, put
10 some glue between them, create the XML and posting it on the
11 list. And count in another four to five hours for writing
12 most of the stuff yourself (which is the default, as the
13 contributions are very rare).
14
15 So, currently we don't have a GWN for two months already.
16 It was our main publicity medium for telling users about the
17 current development inside Gentoo, showing the faces of some
18 devs and notice them about updates in the tree. We have
19 other media which can compensate the GWN, like the Forums,
20 the GLSAs, the dev-mailinglist etc. But the GWN was a good
21 compendium of all.
22
23 Don't let it die!
24
25 Regards, Lars
28 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
29 Instant Messaging : pylon@××××××××××.de
30 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Developer
31 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator