From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mirroring Gentoo project/team members on GitHub
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:50:33
1 11.08.2015 17:32, Michał Górny пишет:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > Now that we're officially on git and can officially use pull requests
5 > to provide rapid community interaction, it'd be convenient to have
6 > a little better framework for pinging package maintainers.
7 >
8 > With the unofficial mirror/pull request project, I was either looking
9 > for project member GitHub accounts and pinging found project members by
10 > name, or talking to them directly on IRC. However, with the growth in
11 > number of pull requests this will become more and more inconvenient.
12 > Therefore, I think it's time to be able to mirror teams willing to work
13 > with GitHub community there for easier 'pings'.
14 >
15 > I have two ideas right now:
16 >
17 > 1. creating GitHub Gentoo project teams corresponding to willing Gentoo
18 > teams,
19 >
20 > 2. preparing lists of GitHub usernames on project wiki pages.
21 >
22 > Solution 1. is cleaner. In this case, we create GitHub teams under
23 > the Gentoo projects, and add appropriate Gentoo developers having
24 > GitHub accounts to the teams. Then, in PRs we can just ping the whole
25 > team like @Gentoo/Qt or like.
26 >
27 > Solution 2. avoids adding any GitHub teams. In this case, in team wiki
28 > page we collect team member usernames like "@Pesa, @kensington, ..." so
29 > we could copy-paste it to pull requests. We still require extra effort
30 > when 'assigning' PRs but at least I don't have to lookup the same
31 > people over and over again.
32 >
33 > With some Wiki people help, we could even implement updating GitHub
34 > teams automatically following Wiki member changes.
35 >
36 > Your thoughts?
39 First one more clear. Jut don't forget update it, when someone new join
40 the team, as usual.