From: Jean Jordaan <jean@×××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Useless USE descriptions...
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:21:11
1 > I don't recall enough of the discussion of the -vim-with-x USE flag... I
2
3 Just an aside: I emerged gvim with USE='+gtk +gtk2', and all fonts
4 were broken. Just opening the font-choosing dialog and clicking OK
5 would set it to a very-widely-spaced sans. Recompiling without gtk
6 got me a gvim that could at least see the X fonts (none of the cute
7 truetype stuff), but luckily it's the X fonts I *need* for coding.
8
9 The 2nd gvim had a totally different font-choosing dialogue, more
10 in line with xfontsel's options.
11
12 I'd never have figured this out from the use descriptions.
15 Jean Jordaan
16 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list