From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Organizing user ebuild submissions
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:31:39
1 On Monday 30 July 2001 23:26, you wrote:
2 > Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
3 > > I wouldn't mind handling the mailing-list side of the story - grabbing
4 > > all ebuilds and putting them wherever and informing whoever. But many
5 > > ebuilds come through for packages I don't use and in many cases can't
6 > > test. I don't think any one developer could or should handle the
7 > > testing, that's why we have teams. We can have an "incoming" ebuild
8 > > tree (in cvs or elsewhere) and developers could grab ebuilds that fall
9 > > under their area of interest, test them and put them either in the
10 > > stable or unstable cvs trees.
11 >
12 > I also think this is the way of doing it. Perhaps, when you find an
13 > ebuild in the mailinglist you can commit it to some place in cvs and
14 > add a wiki todo about it giving it to the correct team. This way it
15 > will be easy to track what "your" team has to test.
16 >
17 So, we come again to the requirement of introducing stable/unstable/user etc.
18 development trees into cvs.
21 Dan Armak
22 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
23 Matan, Israel