From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Organizing user ebuild submissions
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:27:48
1 Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
2
3 > I wouldn't mind handling the mailing-list side of the story - grabbing
4 > all ebuilds and putting them wherever and informing whoever. But many
5 > ebuilds come through for packages I don't use and in many cases can't
6 > test. I don't think any one developer could or should handle the
7 > testing, that's why we have teams. We can have an "incoming" ebuild
8 > tree (in cvs or elsewhere) and developers could grab ebuilds that fall
9 > under their area of interest, test them and put them either in the
10 > stable or unstable cvs trees.
11
12 I also think this is the way of doing it. Perhaps, when you find an
13 ebuild in the mailinglist you can commit it to some place in cvs and
14 add a wiki todo about it giving it to the correct team. This way it
15 will be easy to track what "your" team has to test.
16
17 Regards,
18 Mikael Hallendal
21 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
22 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
23 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918