From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Organizing user ebuild submissions
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:30:27
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:26:25PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > > I wouldn't mind handling the mailing-list side of the story - grabbing
5 > > all ebuilds and putting them wherever and informing whoever. But many
6 > > ebuilds come through for packages I don't use and in many cases can't
7 > > test. I don't think any one developer could or should handle the
8 > > testing, that's why we have teams. We can have an "incoming" ebuild
9 > > tree (in cvs or elsewhere) and developers could grab ebuilds that fall
10 > > under their area of interest, test them and put them either in the
11 > > stable or unstable cvs trees.
12 >
13 > I also think this is the way of doing it. Perhaps, when you find an
14 > ebuild in the mailinglist you can commit it to some place in cvs and
15 > add a wiki todo about it giving it to the correct team. This way it
16 > will be easy to track what "your" team has to test.
17
18 Good idea. Dan, go ahead and create and add a /usr/portage/incoming directory
19 to CVS and check all new ebuilds in there. Then, post a wiki item for each new
20 ebuild (or batch of related ebuilds) and assign the wiki item to the
21 appropriate team, priority "low". Thanks for doing this.
22
23 Best Regards,
26 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
27 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org