From: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Emerge License
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:57:55
1 to find out what all files makes up portage, just do this
2 `emerge gentoolkit ; qpkg -l portage`
3 -mike
4
5 ----- Original Message -----
6 From: "Emiel Kollof" <coolvibe@××××××××××××.org>
7 To: "J?rg L?bbert" <kaladis@×××××××.org>
8 Cc: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
9 Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 21:17
10 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Emerge License
13 > * J?rg L?bbert (kaladis@×××××××.org) wrote:
15 > > Hash: SHA1
16 > >
17 > > Hello,
18 > >
19 > > I am in the process of creating (yet another ;) a linux distribution and
20 > > would like to use your program "emerge" as the package/portage system of
21 > > choice because I think it is the most developer friendly program in
22 > > combination with CVS. I haven't found any information on its license so
23 > > far (GPL?) and that's why I would like to inform myself over this way.
24 > > Am I allowed to use and modify it to suit my purposes? I would also like
25 > > to know if all components of this system are in /usr/lib/portage/* and
26 > > /etc/ or if there are any other places from within a gentoo
27 installation.
28 >
29 > Portage is GPL. Do with it wat you like, but release source if you
30 > decide to release.
31 >
32 > And more importantly: don't forget to have fun.
33 >
34 > Cheers,
35 > Emiel
36 > --