From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@××××××××××××.org>
To: J?rg L?bbert <kaladis@×××××××.org>
Cc: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Emerge License
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:17:35
1 * J?rg L?bbert (kaladis@×××××××.org) wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hello,
6 >
7 > I am in the process of creating (yet another ;) a linux distribution and
8 > would like to use your program "emerge" as the package/portage system of
9 > choice because I think it is the most developer friendly program in
10 > combination with CVS. I haven't found any information on its license so
11 > far (GPL?) and that's why I would like to inform myself over this way.
12 > Am I allowed to use and modify it to suit my purposes? I would also like
13 > to know if all components of this system are in /usr/lib/portage/* and
14 > /etc/ or if there are any other places from within a gentoo installation.
15
16 Portage is GPL. Do with it wat you like, but release source if you
17 decide to release.
18
19 And more importantly: don't forget to have fun.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Emiel
23 --