From: Joshua Jackson <tsunam@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: cdparanoia and libcdio
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:33:15
1 I have to agree with Flameeyes(diego) on this one. If the switch needs to be
2 made, no matter what is done. There will be one package that will slip through
3 and need to be patched. Would be better to get them as we know about them/have
4 users reporting them. I can think of one or two that should be fairly easy to
5 patch right now.
6
7 I'll take a look at them to see if i can manage to figure out the code enough to
8 supply the patch upstream. Course in the mean time we'll have to apply it
9 outselves.
10
11 I think this relies a lot on what the media-herd feels. It'll add a lot to their
12 plate. If they feel they can handle it then I don't see why we can't start to
13 make the change over. Just do it in stages.
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list