From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Lastrite: games-fps/openarena
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:01:07
1 On Wednesday 03 March 2010 18:29:13 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Michael Sterrett <mr_bones_@g.o> said:
3 > > I've remove the mask for games-fps/openarena.
4 > >
5 > > The mask was done without consulting the games team.
6 >
7 > This is no reason to remove the mask. The games team had more than
8 > enough time to fix the package. I'll be adding the mask back as the
9 > package is vulnerable via multiple bundled libs and therefore shouldn't
10 > be in the tree. You can apply the patches if you want to keep it and
11 > remove the mask at that time.
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 This thread is yet another proof that we need to introduce a "Upcoming
15 masking" for unmaintained packages.
16
17 Instead of first masking a package and then announce it, we can simply announce
18 that we are gonna mask the package in 10days if there is no activity on the
19 respective bug
20 --
21 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
22 Gentoo Linux Developer