From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Issues regarding glep-55 (Was: [gentoo-council] Re: Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:45:48
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >> All good points. I cannot believe there exists no other way to solve
3 >> this technical issue other than resorting to such a non-Unix-like
4 >> idea. Obviously all of the software packages cited above endeavor to
5 >> avoid such nastiness.
6 >
7 > Then why don't you come up with a viable solution?
8
9 I already have - look back at my posts; very similar to Rich0's idea.
10 And I tire of the argument that if one doesn't have a perfect solution
11 now, we should adopt a half-brained one. The point of this is to spur
12 discussion to come up with a better solution.
13
14 > For the same reason they're willing to accept the package name and
15 > version in the filename.
16
17 The fact that you think this is the same thing as having the EAPI in the
18 filename is odd.
19
20 > "If you paint the bikeshed, I shall throw my toys out of the pram and
21 > run off crying.".
22 >
23 > Why don't you propose a viable alternative instead of making threats?
24
25 Not a threat. And this will be my last post on the topic. I will not
26 take your bate and continue to argue, creating more noise on this list -
27 I've expressed how I feel.
28
29 -Joe