From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Issues regarding glep-55 (Was: [gentoo-council] Re: Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:48:23
1 On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:45:44 -0700
2 Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Then why don't you come up with a viable solution?
4 >
5 > I already have - look back at my posts; very similar to Rich0's idea.
6
7 No, I said viable.
8
9 > And I tire of the argument that if one doesn't have a perfect solution
10 > now, we should adopt a half-brained one. The point of this is to spur
11 > discussion to come up with a better solution.
12
13 We have a perfect solution.
14
15 > > For the same reason they're willing to accept the package name and
16 > > version in the filename.
17 >
18 > The fact that you think this is the same thing as having the EAPI in
19 > the filename is odd.
20
21 PN and PV are metadata, same as EAPI.
22
23 > > "If you paint the bikeshed, I shall throw my toys out of the pram
24 > > and run off crying.".
25 > >
26 > > Why don't you propose a viable alternative instead of making
27 > > threats?
28 >
29 > Not a threat. And this will be my last post on the topic. I will not
30 > take your bate and continue to argue, creating more noise on this
31 > list - I've expressed how I feel.
32
33 This isn't about how you feel. It's about what you rationally think,
34 based upon a full understanding of the issues at hand.
37 Ciaran McCreesh