From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vim syntaxy goodness for ebuilds, eclasses, GLEPs
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:39:58
1 On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:19:02 -0400 purslow@×××××××××.ca wrote:
2 | 040826 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 | > it'll pick up certain mistakes and make them really stand out:
4 | > http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/tmp/gentoo-syntax.png
5 | > Suggestions, patches, etc welcomed.
6 |
7 | very pretty'n'all & mb this is a complaint re Portage,
8 | but 'licence' is not a mistake: it is the way non-Americans spell
9 | 'license'. in fact, the English distinguish 'licence' (noun) from
10 | 'license' (verb). Canadians follow English usage when they think about
11 | it& American when they don't ... (smile)
12
13 Well that's the point. I speak Real English (TM), so I keep on screwing
14 up the LICENSE variable by spelling it correctly. In the context of an
15 ebuild, using the non-USian spelling *is* a mistake.
18 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
19 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm