From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Adding lxde-base category
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:17:52
1 Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Ben de Groot wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I would like to add a new category to the tree: lxde-base, to be used
6 >> for the LXDE desktop [1,2] packages, in correspondence to the categories
7 >> for the other desktop environments we have (gnome, kde, xfce).
8 >> Comments are welcome!
9 >
10 > First, thanks for getting this stuff into the tree; I just synced, and
11 > it's all very nice. 'Cept for one thing:
12 >
13 > $ eix -c lxappearance
14 > [N] lxde-base/lxappearance (~0.2): LXDE GTK+ theme switcher
15 > [N] x11-themes/lxappearance (~0.2): a desktop-independent theme switcher
16 > for GTK+
17 > Found 2 matches.
18 >
19 > So...any reason why BOTH these packages are still in the tree? Couldn't
20 > one of them have been removed entirely or just moved categories? Because
21 > right now "emerge lxappearance" returns the ambiguous error, and it
22 > really doesn't need to be that tricky. :)
23 >
24 Oops... I did the move in profiles, but then forgot to remove the old
25 location. Will fix right away.
28 Ben de Groot
29 Gentoo Linux developer (lxde, media, desktop-misc)
30 Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison
32
33 yngwin@g.o
34 http://ben.liveforge.org/
35 irc://chat.freenode.net/#gentoo-media
36 irc://irc.oftc.net/#lxde