From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Adding lxde-base category
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:13:51
1 Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I would like to add a new category to the tree: lxde-base, to be used
5 > for the LXDE desktop [1,2] packages, in correspondence to the categories
6 > for the other desktop environments we have (gnome, kde, xfce).
7 > Comments are welcome!
8
9 First, thanks for getting this stuff into the tree; I just synced, and
10 it's all very nice. 'Cept for one thing:
11
12 $ eix -c lxappearance
13 [N] lxde-base/lxappearance (~0.2): LXDE GTK+ theme switcher
14 [N] x11-themes/lxappearance (~0.2): a desktop-independent theme switcher
15 for GTK+
16 Found 2 matches.
17
18 So...any reason why BOTH these packages are still in the tree? Couldn't
19 one of them have been removed entirely or just moved categories? Because
20 right now "emerge lxappearance" returns the ambiguous error, and it
21 really doesn't need to be that tricky. :)