From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Adding lxde-base category
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 11:06:09
1 Hi,
2
3 I would like to add a new category to the tree: lxde-base, to be used
4 for the LXDE desktop [1,2] packages, in correspondence to the categories
5 for the other desktop environments we have (gnome, kde, xfce). With the
6 help of a few users I have been developing ebuilds for these packages in
7 the lxde overlay [3], and I would like to move the ebuilds for the
8 release versions into the official tree now. (The overlay also contains
9 live svn ebuilds.)
10
11 LXDE currently has 14 packages that would go into this new category,
12 which is comparable to what xfce-base has. It also uses x11-wm/openbox
13 as default WM, and x11-misc/pcmanfm as default filemanager, although
14 these can be easily swapped for others.
15
16 Comments are welcome!
17
18 1: http://lxde.org/
19 2: https://bugs.gentoo.org/157989
20 3: http://www.bitbucket.org/yngwin/lxde-overlay/src/
23 Ben de Groot
24 Gentoo Linux developer (lxde, media, desktop-misc)
25 Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison
27
28 yngwin@g.o
29 http://ben.liveforge.org/
30 irc://chat.freenode.net/#gentoo-media
31 irc://irc.oftc.net/#lxde