From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Adding lxde-base category
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:35:33
1 On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 12:05 +0100, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I would like to add a new category to the tree: lxde-base, to be used
5 > for the LXDE desktop [1,2] packages, in correspondence to the categories
6 > for the other desktop environments we have (gnome, kde, xfce). With the
7 > help of a few users I have been developing ebuilds for these packages in
8 > the lxde overlay [3], and I would like to move the ebuilds for the
9 > release versions into the official tree now. (The overlay also contains
10 > live svn ebuilds.)
11
12 ++
13
14 Note that I will propose to the GNOME team to reorganize the GNOME
15 categories to gnome-platform/, gnome-desktop/, gnome-dev/,
16 gnome-bindings/ or similar setup once we have atomic commits to the
17 portage tree (a la git) to not disrupt anything from all the moves.
18 But I think with just 14 packages an lxde-base makes the most sense
19 indeed, with upstream probably not having them categorized themselves
20 like GNOME has.
24 Mart Raudsepp
25 Gentoo Developer
26 Mail: leio@g.o