From: Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@××××××××.com>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help wanted with www-client/chromium
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 13:41:02
1 On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 06:00:25PM -0500, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > Keeping up with the frequent Chromium releases is quite a chore.
3 > Recently, phajdan.jr has been slacking on the masked dev channel
4 > updates due a hardware problem, so I have been spending additional
5 > time on them.
6 >
7 > If there are any developers with relatively fast hardware that could
8 > take on the stable and/or beta channel updates, that would be most
9 > appreciated. This is also something that could be done by a trusted
10 > user.
11 >
12 > Help with the masked dev channel is also welcome -- especially testing
13 > the various USE flags and unbundling libraries.
14
15 Have reasonably powerful amd64 hardware, can try nightly runs.
16
17 Not an affiliated gentoo developer.
18
19 I guess it would be best to make up collectively a tiny git repo with
20 scripts which do exactly what is needed?
21
22 First of all it could be a set of chromium builds with different use
23 flags (a set of such configurations needs to be defined), saved as
24 binary packages, so that all the builds could be tested at once by
25 unpacking every build, in turn. All build logs must be saved for review,
26 and failures should be reported. Makes sense? Ideas? Comments?