From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help wanted with www-client/chromium
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 17:44:49
1 On December 14, 2016 2:40:45 PM GMT+01:00, Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 06:00:25PM -0500, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> Keeping up with the frequent Chromium releases is quite a chore.
4 >> Recently, phajdan.jr has been slacking on the masked dev channel
5 >> updates due a hardware problem, so I have been spending additional
6 >> time on them.
7 >>
8 >> If there are any developers with relatively fast hardware that could
9 >> take on the stable and/or beta channel updates, that would be most
10 >> appreciated. This is also something that could be done by a trusted
11 >> user.
12 >>
13 >> Help with the masked dev channel is also welcome -- especially
14 >testing
15 >> the various USE flags and unbundling libraries.
16 >
17 >Have reasonably powerful amd64 hardware, can try nightly runs.
18 >
19 >Not an affiliated gentoo developer.
20 >
21 >I guess it would be best to make up collectively a tiny git repo with
22 >scripts which do exactly what is needed?
23 >
24 >First of all it could be a set of chromium builds with different use
25 >flags (a set of such configurations needs to be defined), saved as
26 >binary packages, so that all the builds could be tested at once by
27 >unpacking every build, in turn. All build logs must be saved for
28 >review,
29 >and failures should be reported. Makes sense? Ideas? Comments?
30
31 I could run this automatically evey night.
32 Inside a set of different chroots which sync against the tree then try to install and package the latest ~amd64 version with a USE combination set per chroot.
33
34 The resulting build logs can be emailed automatically and binary packages uploaded to a specified location. I also have reasonably fast hardware available.
35
36 If similar activities would be useful for other packages. That should be possible as well.
37 --
38 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.