From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] would like this settled :)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:27:10
1 On Saturday 24 April 2004 04:20 am, Klavs Klavsen wrote:
2 > I see some ebuild-maintainers stating that you need to do:
3 >
4 > econf || die "configure failed"
5 > emake || die "make failed"
6
7 this is correct
8
9 > and AFAIK econf & emake takes care of dying it it fails - meaning this is
10 > actually correct:
11
12 this is not correct
13 technically econf is a script that has || die in it, but emake def does
14 not ... there was discussion some time ago where i tried to push the econf,
15 but more vocal people than i won ;)
16 the answer is 'do not rely on econf or emake calling die for you' ... if we
17 were to move econf out of ebuild.sh and into a wrapper just like emake, we
18 would see a nightmare of bugs with people who wrote their ebuilds wrong
19 -mike
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list