From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:31:49
1 On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:19:17 +0100
2 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 18 November 2005 18:09, Homer Parker wrote:
5 > > Now that GLEP 41 (AT/HT) has passed, we need to designate a
6 > > subdomain for their email. This will cover AT/HT's as well as forum
7 > > help, so needs to be generic. So to start with let me throw a
8 > > couple out:
9 > >
10 > > @staff.g.o
11 > > @assist.g.o
12 > >
13 > > Thoughts, better ideas appreciated.
16 > Why not just @at.gentoo.org
17 > Makes clear what it is. Arch testers are not staff. Not that we have
18 > any staff.
19
20 Can't we just let the whole subdomain stuff die and be done with it? If
21 not, I'd like to propose we make a vote amongst all current devs with
22 the options:
23 - give ATs a @g.o email
24 - give them a subdomain
25 - give them no mail
26 - don't care
27 Just to get some numbers how many people actually want this subdomain
28 crap. I don't think there are many.
29
30 Marius
35 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
36 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.