From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: aging ebuilds with unstable keywords - how can we help?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:56:37
1 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> posted
2 1154010353.3597.38.camel@×××××××××××××××××.net, excerpted below, on Thu,
3 27 Jul 2006 10:25:52 -0400:
4
5 > Since the introduction of the x86 architecture team, we have had a
6 > significant slowdown in the "stabilization" of packages in the tree.
7 > However, we have also gotten numerous emails and messages from users who
8 > have said that their systems are much more stable and are highly
9 > appreciative of it[.] I tend to think that our quality has improved
10 > dramatically on x86 due to this[.] I can attest that this extra testing,
11 > as well as the increased efforts of the newly-energized QA project, have
12 > made this release a much more smooth affair than any previous release.
13 > I would definitely call this a success.
14
15 =8^) I'm not on x86 but amd64, but of course amd64 pioneered the idea of
16 AT, so we've been reaping the benefits for awhile, now. I too would
17 consider an arch team, both arch-devs and arch-testers, a huge benefit.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list