From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] systemd team consensus?
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 19:26:23
1 On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 02:44:09PM -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >> > I'll keep this short for now unless others here want to see the rest of
5 >> > my evidence, but What it boils down to is this. As a member of the
6 >> > systemd team, I have questioned the way we are doing things, multiple
7 >> > times. I feel that we aren't doing things in the best interest of the
8 >> > distro as a whole. However, consensus doesn't matter on that team; the
9 >> > members are expected to do exactly as they are told.
10 >> >
11 >>
12 >> I would not say that consensus doesn't matter, but rather that we have
13 >> reached no consensus, and are rather in a stalemate.
14 >>
15 >> The team lead (mgorny) seems to strongly oppose making the proposed
16 >> change. I'm not sure where the other team members stand.
17 >
18 > Who is on the team anyway? It looks like there isn't even consensus
19 > about that.
20 >
21 > According to the project page, it is mgorny, myself and dagger (I was
22 > given the OK to add myself by mgorny). According to the #gentoo-systemd
23 > channel, it is mgorny and floppym if you go by who has ops. According to
24 > the bug bot on irc, it is a completely different set of people.
27 I would use the project page as the canonical team list. I will go
28 ahead and add myself there.
29
30 The only list you could get from willikins is the mail alias (!expn
31 systemd). Anybody (including non-devs) can be listed on the alias.