From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] systemd team consensus?
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 19:03:29
1 On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 02:44:09PM -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I'll keep this short for now unless others here want to see the rest of
4 > > my evidence, but What it boils down to is this. As a member of the
5 > > systemd team, I have questioned the way we are doing things, multiple
6 > > times. I feel that we aren't doing things in the best interest of the
7 > > distro as a whole. However, consensus doesn't matter on that team; the
8 > > members are expected to do exactly as they are told.
11 > I would not say that consensus doesn't matter, but rather that we have
12 > reached no consensus, and are rather in a stalemate.
13 >
14 > The team lead (mgorny) seems to strongly oppose making the proposed
15 > change. I'm not sure where the other team members stand.
16
17 Who is on the team anyway? It looks like there isn't even consensus
18 about that.
19
20 According to the project page, it is mgorny, myself and dagger (I was
21 given the OK to add myself by mgorny). According to the #gentoo-systemd
22 channel, it is mgorny and floppym if you go by who has ops. According to
23 the bug bot on irc, it is a completely different set of people.
24
25 William