From: donnie berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Public Relations, was: Re: [gentoo-core] proposal: make gentoo-core publicly read-only
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:04:06
1 On Wednesday 02 July 2003 07:18, Alastair Tse wrote:
2 > While I don't agree that we should use other distros as argument points
3 > for not opening up -core, I'd just like to bring up that debian also has
4 > private lists for developers only.
5
6 As an interesting aside to that, they also have unexpected lists open. For
7 example, I was able to subscribe to what amounts to the XFree bugs list, so I
8 hear about all Debian's problems with X-related things.
9
10 Take a look at Debian's mailing lists sometime; here's the developer's list
11 page: http://lists.debian.org/devel.html. One important thing to notice is
12 the *-private lists, clearly demarcated as closed to the public. There are
13 only a couple, but they exist and they are documented as being closed. It
14 might be interesting to search through their archives and see what
15 discussions have come up and how (if?) they were solved.
16
17 Note the similarity of our -dev and -core lists with these:
18 debian-devel: Development of Debian
19 debian-private: Private discussions among developers
20
21 I'm not presenting Debian as a model in any way, merely an example. Just a
22 couple of things to think about.
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list