From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prevent binary/non-compiled packages from binary package creation
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 17:33:47
1 On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 10:18:36 -0700
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > Whether it belongs in the ebuild, or in metadata, is another matter.
5
6 The how, implementation, etc is not as important to me. I just think
7 there should be some means to prevent such. If there is not currently.
8
9 As mentioned there could be other uses/benefits of such depending on
10 how it is implemented. That is up to others. I just would like to not
11 have binaries made of packages I feel are a waste to be re-packaged
12 into a binpkg.
15 William L. Thomson Jr.