From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: humpback@××××××××××.net, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: gentoo.org reorg (GDN/GUN)]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:43:32
1 On Friday 20 September 2002 01:14, humpback@××××××××××.net wrote:
2 > > I notice that the Debian project has none of this kind of separate of
3 > > content. And they have a huge community. RedHat does because they have
4 > > a huge amount of content and also because they are talking to a less
5 > > savvy crowd.
6 >
7 > Debian's web site is a mess. Plain and simple.
8 > Trying to find any information on the site is really hard.
9 >
10 > Just because a advanced user can do a google search and find the
11 > information on some people.debian.org/~dsfdsdf page it does not mean that
12 > it is ok.
13 >
14 > I think separation is a good think because it will make it easyer to find
15 > things.
18 I think there might be a use for someone who checks the forums, the mailing
19 lists, and the newsgroup to make some faq/howto based on the answers given to
20 the most frequent/interesting questions.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze
26 Junior Researcher