From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo LLVM project needs help!
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 02:58:52
1 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> > 6. Work on setting up and configuring a buildbot for Gentoo LLVM builds.
4 >> > This is some effort and I don't have the time to learn how to do that.
5 >> > You'll probably need to set up a local instance and figure out how to
6 >> > set our builds before submitting anything upstream; in my experience
7 >> > they aren't very responsive to buildbot changes, so ideally we need to
8 >> > flesh out any problems early.
9 >>
10 >> GSOC-worthy project?
11 >
12 > Not sure. To rephrase what was once said to me, this is summer of
13 > *code*, not infra work.
14
15 If infra work means writing batch scripts to drive build bots, automate
16 tasks, generating reports and sending email notifications, it fits
17 summer of code.
18
19 Writing configurations is programming with descriptive DSLs.